Here is a short version of the 9 Reasons.
- Go to an elite school (or associate with one).
- Intern early, and relevant to your career (knowing how to flip burgers doesn’t make you a better coder).
- Major in something relevant.
- Community service means: do Tech work for free, not in a soup kitchen.
- Learn how to write (oops, that is why I could never land one of those ).
- Be a teacher’s pet. They write good recommendation letters.
- Be a generalist.
- Be an entrepreneur, innovate or deliver results.
- no one cares if you have a 4.0 GPA.